Thursday, June 17, 2010

New weekly reviews

Hey everyone, We are finally going to start the weekly reviews for the store. I want to thank Jeramiah and the folks at Big Shiny Robot for making and hosting these reviews. So here we go.

New Avengers #1

When this book was first solicited my first thought was, “We have 3 ongoing Avengers books coming out before this. Why do we need another and why do they have to restart New Avengers with a new #1?” Well I had a chance to read this last week and oh my stars was I bitching for no reason! This book is fun and gets into the super-heroing action right away as Luke brings the team together and something funky is going on with the former and current sorcerer supremes. As a first issue this has been my favorite of the recent influx of Avengers books! Go get this I say!

Atlas #2

If you haven’t been reading Agents of Atlas over the last few years then you’ve been missing out on a real treat. In my opinion you can’t go wrong with a book that has a killer robot and gorilla with machine guns! And with the restart of this series in the age of heroics writer Jeff Parker has gone and made 3D Man a character that I actually care about. So if you like fun then give this book a try. And if you’re already reading it then you are doing something right in life!

No comments:

Post a Comment